Monday, April 20, 2015

Seattle...Check! Next Stop San Diego!

This is my fifth and final day in Seattle. Tomorrow morning at about 6 AM west coast time I will catch the light rail in to the SeaTac airport and step onto a southbound plane.

Seattle is just an awesome city. I've visited just once before, but for someone who doesn't take to cities too well, it's my kind of place. The best things about Seattle include, but are not limited to: the seafood, the views of the mountains, the outdoorsy people, the ease of public transit, and the wonderful and accepting nature of the community. It is a very progressive city in terms of social acceptance, and individuality thrives here. Oh, and my best friend lives there. Gotta love that.

Grace and I spent the last several days walking all over the city, checking out good foodie hotspots, city parks and arboretums, taking her dog to enjoy the ocean, tasting some craft beers, hanging out with her friends, and just enjoy the rare stretch of sunny weather in the rainiest of cities. Nothing but sun and 70s every day since the second my plane touched down.

So San Diego in the morning. I'll be meeting the trail angels who are hosting me, as well as introducing myself to the first 40+ hikers of several hundred hikers i will meet over the coming months. I'll have one day to hang out in the city, and hopefully entertain a visit from a long-time family friend and her husband! (Don't forget the jerky Judy!) All my gear is together, my first resupply box is well on its way to Warner Springs, and everything is falling into place! The 23rd is my start day. Not even three days are left until I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment