Thursday, September 26, 2013

It Is Fall

Dear September,

You are my favorite month. 
Here's ten reasons why:


#1) Apples!

#2) Oktoberfest Beer!

#3) Kettle corn!

#4) Perfect biking weather

#5) Blue Hole gets super cold and peaceful

#6) Hiking boots and wool socks come back into style

 
#7) Cool foggy mountain mornings

#8) Sunrise is not at an ungodly hour (thank you Daylight Savings)

#9) Prettiest time to be on Skyline Drive

#10) Cold colorful hikes 

So far this month, I've gone camping a whole bunch, been to a new lake, hiked a few new hikes, made some new friends, learned to slackline, biked several new routes, gone to my first vineyard (CrossKeys!), toured 3 amazing Virginia microbreweries, and gotten 2 flat tires in a 50 mile bike race!

Also, John Butler Trio makes an excellent soundtrack for adventuring. Highly recommend.

I made a new friend! His name's Xander, he's a salamander.

Here's a few more pictures that I really liked from this month:















I love nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment